UDM Psychology Clinic
Reno Hall, First Floor
4001 W. McNichols
Detroit, MI 48221
Phone: 313-578-0570 (call for appointments)
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
In the event of an emergency, go to the nearest hospital emergency room or Psychiatric Department or contact:
Detroit-Wayne County Community Mental Health Agency’s 24-hour Crisis Hotline:
Detroit Police Department 24-hour Crisis Hotline: 313-833-1660
University of Detroit Mercy Police, Fire, and Medical: 313-993-1123.
The University of Detroit Mercy Psychology Clinic is sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts and Education to provide affordable, quality psychological services to university students and staff and community members. Children, adolescents and adults from the entire metropolitan area are eligible to receive services regardless of income. All services are provided by graduate students and supervised by fully licensed clinical psychologists.
- Committed to providing compassionate services to persons in need with an emphasis on personal and professional ethics and values.
- Committed to promoting the dignity of the individual as well as contributing to the common good of the wider community.
- Committed to ensuring equal access and opportunity for psychological services to the diverse populations in the Detroit metropolitan area.
Psychotherapy services are helpful when:
- You are struggling with emotional concerns such as anxiety, stress, poor self-esteem, depression, grief.
- You are adjusting to a life transition such as unemployment, relocating, living independently.
- You have recently experienced trauma, death or loss of a loved one, divorce or major illness.
- You are concerned about relationship difficulties such as marital problems, parenting children and teens, employer and co-worker conflict.
Psychological assessment is helpful when:
- You want to identify emotional concerns.
- You have concerns about focusing and maintain attention.
- You need assistance with determining your child’s school readiness, problems in learning or possible giftedness.
- You want to understand problems with academic achievement, performance anxiety or work readiness.