MA in Educational Administration and Leadership
Program Director: Diane Manica
Reno Hall, Room 239
The Master of Arts degree in Educational Administration and Leadership is designed for those individuals who are interested in pursuing a professional career in educational administration and leadership as a principal, assistant principal, or other district and/or school leadership administrative positions.
The requirements for admission to graduate study in educational administration include a 3.0 average, fulfillment of requirements for a state teaching certificate or a background of education and experience satisfactory to the program director, and three letters of recommendation submitted by persons capable of evaluating the student's potential for leadership in this field. Applicants for programs in administration and leadership will be required to give evidence of their fitness to pursue a professional career in the area chosen for study.
- EDU 5000 Methods of Educational Research 3 cr.
- EDU 5160 Curriculum Construction for Elementary/Middle Teachers or
EDU 5170 Curriculum Construction for Secondary Teachers 3 cr.
- EDU 5730 Administration of Elementary/Middle Schools or
EDU 5740 Administration of Secondary Schools 3 cr.
- EDU 5250 Educational Policy Studies 3 cr.
- EDU 5750 School Finance and Management 3 cr.
- EDU 5820 School/Community Relations 3 cr.
- EDU 5860 Legal Foundations of American Education 3 cr.
- EDU 5920 Elementary Leader Internship I, 3 cr. and
- EDU 5921 Elementary Leader Internship II, 3 cr. or
- EDU 5930 Secondary Leader Internship I, 3cr. and
- EDU 5931 Secondary Leader Internship II, 3 cr.
- EDU 5960 Program Planning and Evaluation 3 cr.
- EDU 6200 Supervision of Instruction 3 cr.
- EDU 5940 Seminar in Educational Leadership or 3 cr. or
- EDU 5900 Professional Staff Development 3 cr.
Depending upon student career interest, additional coursework may be selected in cooperation with the advisor from the following:
- EDU 5200 Comparative Education 3 cr.
- CNS 5400 Testing & Evaluation 3 cr.
- EDU 5810 Multicultural Issues in Education 3 cr.
- EDU 6040 Central Office Leader Internship I, 3 cr.
- EDU 6041 Central Office Leader Internship II, 3 cr.
- EDU 6090 Advances Seminar Curriculum Planning and Administration 3 cr.
- PYC 5030 Statistics 3 cr.
- PYC 5730 Ethical Issues in the Workplace 3 cr.
- PYC 5740 Training and Development 3 cr.
- PYC 5750 Leadership Models 3 cr.
Funding Your Education
Get 60% off your tuition through the School Educator’s Tuition Remission Discount
If you are currently working full-time as a teacher, substitute, administrator, paraprofessional, counselor, or teacher’s aid of an elementary or secondary school you may be eligible to receive 60% off your tuition. Applicants in good standing must enroll in an education program to be eligible.
For the application for this discount please visit the following link: